Third Degree Polynomial Derivative Directions:
- Default Functions:
- Refresh Button: To reset the applet, click the Refresh Button at the top-right corner.
- Zoom In/Out: Using your scroll wheel, you can zoom in and zoom out of the applets visible area. The screen tends to re-center wherever the mouse cursor is located.
- Move: Hold the Shift key and then click and hold your primary mouse button to pan around the visible area of the applet.
- Movable Objects:
- A, B, C, D: Changes the coefficients of the third degree polynomial.
- Adjust Tangent Length: Extends and retracts the length of the tangent line.
- Animate: Click and drag the point across the slider to watch the slope of the tangent line form the derivative of the polynomial at each corresponding x-value.
- Purpose: To provide students with a visual representation of the derivative of a polynomial which include constant, linear, quadratic, and cubic functions.
Download GeoGebra today and play!