Object Translations Directions:
- Default Functions:
- Refresh Button: To reset the applet, click the Refresh Button at the top-right corner.
- Zoom In/Out: Using your scroll wheel, you can zoom in and zoom out of the applets visible area. The screen tends to re-center wherever the mouse cursor is located.
- Move: Hold the Shift key and then click and hold your primary mouse button to pan around the visible area of the applet.
- Movable Objects:
- A: Click and drag the point to change the original objects position.
- A’: Click and drag the point to apply the translation if it is applicable..
- Checkboxes: Turn on the Original checkbox and one translation at a time. For Rotations — turn on the Rotations checkbox and uncheck all other checkboxes.
- Change the slider value to change slope of the line of reflection.
- For Rotations — adjusts the counterclockwise angle rotation around the origin.
- Purpose: To observe and explore the applied object translations and to help the student develop rules or patterns to describe each translation.
Download GeoGebra today and play!